One of the oldest field with one of the brightest mind...
Talyn is well-known for speaking about the practices of modern diplomacy to a roomful of eager students, seasoned diplomats and politicians, and members of the private sector looking to gain contacts within governments.
Whether you are kicking off an event, reworking your national strategy, or looking for some insight into the mysteries of international relations, Talyn can energise your audience with her candid and vibrant nature. Talyn is a pro in charming the crowd and has a way of making every individual in the room feel needed and inspired for change.
A leader in the field of modern diplomacy, Talyn is excellent in breaking down misconceptions and stereotypes, and has a friendly way of helping even a lay audience understand how easy it is for anyone in any field to join the diplomatic world.
Talyn is able to travel anywhere in the world and normally conducts speeches in English. For more information, contact Nina Maxwell at email@example.com.
Sample Speech Topics
The following topics are a sample only.
- Practices of Modern Diplomacy - restrictions of the diplomatic service and how modernised operation can break national stereotypes and misconceptions at global level
- Role of Grassroot Diplomacy in a Modern Age - examining how national interest serves government policies to the detriment of the people and what to do about it
- Digital Diplomacy in the Age of Information - fostering technology to improve negative perception of national branding and public identity
- Soft Power Diplomacy for Trade and Investment - using the arts, culture and digital communication in improving trade and investment opportunities
- Diplomacy through the eyes of Video Games - how video-games influences national stereotypes and pushes the boundary for diplomacy in the youth market
- Tools for Diplomatic Leadership - self-development tools in making diplomats effective for a modern civil society
- Breaking the Boundaries of Modern Diplomacy - the responsibility of global citizens in the role of modern diplomacy
Short Bio for Event Programmes and Interviews
PRONOUNCED: Tar-leen Raa-man Figure-roa
Talyn Rahman-Figueroa is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Grassroot Diplomat, a global diplomatic consultancy making diplomacy effective for a modern world. Talyn is recognised as a formidable innovator in the field of international relations and has over ten years' experience working with various government bodies and non-government organisations in business management and communications strategy. She is the author of Women in Diplomacy and the upcoming Diplomatic Planner and the Brexit Handbook for Global Diplomats. In addition to her consulting work, Talyn coaches governments and aspiring diplomats on diplomatic leadership. Talyn is a graduate from the London Diplomatic Academy and School of Oriental and African Studies, and is originally from London.
Click on the picture to download.
- Essex University, "Responding to the Ever-changing Global Security Threats," Colchester, UK. November 18, 2016.
- International Centre for Water Cooperation, "Grassroot Diplomacy in the Management of Water Resources," Stockholm, Sweden. November 17-18, 2016.
- Warwick University, "Practices of Modern Diplomacy," Coventry, UK. November 16, 2016.
- 4th Annual Grassroot Diplomat Initiative Award, "Diplomacy in the Hands of Government Leaders," London, UK. April 20, 2016.
- Business Club, "Diplomacy in the World of Trade and Business," London, UK. November 16, 2015.
- Embassy of Kuwait, "Youth in an Age of Religious Extremism," London, UK. October 14, 2015.
- 3rd Annual Grassroot Diplomat Initiative Award, "Recognising the People's Interests for Diplomats and Politicians," London, UK. March 05, 2015.
- Future Leader's Conference, "The Language of Diplomatic Leadership," Vlore, Albania. August 25, 2014.
- 2nd Annual Grassroot Diplomat Initiative Award, "Recognising Positive Role Models within Diplomacy and Politics," London, UK. May 15, 2014.
- Embassy of Bulgaria, "Bridging the Gap between Governments and the People," London, UK. November 26, 2013.
- Karadeniz Teknik Universitesi, "Bridging the Gap through Grassroot Diplomacy," Trabzon, Turkey. July 1-5, 2013.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Introduction to Grassroot Diplomacy," London, UK. April 26, 2013.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "What Goes on in an Embassy," London, UK. April 05, 2013.
- McGill University, "Global Democracy in the Information Age: Online Hate Speech," Montreal, Canada. March 16–26, 2013.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Public Diplomacy versus Propaganda," London, UK. March 13, 2013.
- Inaugural Grassroot Diplomat Initiative Award, "Changing Role of Diplomacy," London, UK. January 31, 2013.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Is Celebrity Diplomacy Relevant?" London, UK. January 18, 2013.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Diplomacy and the Promotion of Trade," London, UK. November 30, 2012.
- 7th Annual Warwick International Development Summit. "National Interest versus People’s Interest," Warwick, UK. November 16–17, 2012.
- Envision, "Modern Diplomacy for Citizen Society," London, UK. November 12, 2012.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Cultural Diplomacy and Cultural Branding," London, UK. October 30, 2012.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Diplomatic Immunity," London, UK. September 21, 2012.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "Role of Diplomats and Politicians," London, UK. September 7, 2012.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "The Olympics and Sports Diplomacy," London, UK. August 24, 2012.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "National Interest versus People’s Interest," London, UK. August 09, 2012.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, "Diplomacy: A Youth Perspective," Rabat, Morocco. July 02, 2010.
- Grassroot Diplomat, "How to Get into the United Nations," London, UK. June 12, 2012.
- Brit Bangla. "Women in International Diplomacy," London, UK. March 08, 2012.
- Royal Holloway Diplomatic Society, "Role of Diplomacy for Global Citizens," Surry, UK. March 06, 2012.
- Said Business School, "Bridging the Gap Between Civil Society and Government Leaders," Oxford, UK. February 24–26, 2012.
- Gender Action for Peace and Security, "Translating Policy into Practice," London, UK. March 14, 2011.
- Human Culture Collective, "Maximising Social Media Strategies for Personal Branding," London, UK. June 13, 2010.
- Diplomatic Academy of London, "Mind of a Trainee Diplomat," London, UK. May 25, 2010.
- University of Westminster, "What Makes a Good Diplomat?" London, UK. February 01, 2010.
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, "Women Challenge Security," London, UK. November 14, 2009.
- Worldview Impact and the Environment Council, "Pre-road to Copenhagen," London, UK. November 10, 2009.
- Kofi Annan's Global Humanitarian Forum, "Youth and Climate Change," Geneva, Switzerland. June 17-19, 2009.
- Kyoto University of Foreign Studies, "United Nations in Action and Practice," Kyoto, Japan. 29 May, 2007.
- Dhaka University, "Diplomacy for Youth Entrepreneurs," Dhaka, Bangladesh. July 29, 2006.